Saturday, September 3, 2011

What's in my beach bag!



Since I’m about to start my new semester in university, I’m trying to savor whatever is left of my free time at the poolside, or at the beach. It’s still quite hot where I am, and most people still go to the beach (although it’s September already!)

Since I’m going to the beach tomorrow, I thought it would be a good time to pack ahead and show you all what I’m taking with me. Put in mind I’m a total product junkie and end up packing much more than I usually need when I go. Still, I do end up spending all day at the beach, so I do take quite a lot because I need it!


So this is the bag that I’m taking with me and it’s a black leather bag from Forever 21. I totally abused this bag, and I like taking it with me to the beach since it’s not made of cloth so no water goes in. I also like it because it’s quite big so lets me over pack!

Inside my bag, I keep a second bag, this one made of canvas. It says “I’m a canvas bag’ and it’s by Dorothy Perkins. I bought this a long time ago, but I think you can still get this at her website, www.dorothyperkins.com. Inside this bag is where I keep all my products. Before I hit the beach or pool, I like to use a few products on my hair to protect it from all the chlorine and salt water.

I take some sunscreen/sunblock with me just in case, but I usually like to use tanning oil when I’m out in the sun. I also take some hair cream to put from roots to ends, and then pay a little more attention to my ends with a little bit of olive oil. This coats the ends and minimizes any split ends. 

From left to right:  Banana Boat Continuous Spray Sunblock (long lasting, sweat proof, waterproof), a small refillable bottle of olive oil, Garnier Fructis Fortifying Styling and Protecting Cream for Dry and Damaged Hair.

I also take with me small refillable bottles of my face wash shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and a small collapsible tooth brush with toothpaste for once I’m done with the beach/pool. I use these while I’m in shower. 

From left to right: Jordan Go! Bananas collapsible toothbrush+toothpaste, Alberto Balsam conditioner in juicy green apple, Garnier Fructis Fortifying shampoo for frizzy, rough and difficult to manage hair, Neutrogena Deep Clean invigorating scrub for all skin types (this makes my face feel like I just had a facial!)

After I get out of the shower, I like to moisturize moisturize moisturize! The sun and the water really dry me out so I don’t skimp on the creams! I use a cream on my hair first, then a texturizer to define my naturally curly hair, then a little bit of Moroccan oil on my ends.

From left to right: Garnier Fructis Fortifying Styling and Protecting Cream for Dry and Damaged Hair, John Frieda’s Dream Curls spray, Moroccan argan oil from a local shop (Can be found at Josie Maron Cosmetics).

And some essentials.. I use these on my body to leave me moisturized and smelling great! 

From left to right: Sure Girl Violet Anti-Perspirant, Victoria Secret’s Body Mist in Sweet Daydream (the bottle got misshaped because I left it in my car in the sun for a week so be careful where you leave this!), Avene Akerat Body Care Cream for Keratosis-prone skin (I like this because it is just so moisturizing!!), Escada Marine Grove eau de toilette.

I also use moisturizer for my face, and this is what it looks like:

Nivea Visage Mattifying Day Cream

I take some makeup and hairbands with me, a tiny purse in case we’re going out afterwards, my wallet, keys, phone and a little pocket camera.

Right to left: (top) Makeup bag is a freebie from New Look, Chanel-inspired bag from a small boutique in Barcelona, wallet from New look. (bottom) keys, Blackberry phone, Samsung camera.

I also take with me a towel, which I roll up and tie with a ribbon, my swimsuit (of course), a pair of sunglasses, and a change of clothes for later.

Now that I listed it all down it feel like a lot of products! Sorry about the long post! Hope this helped, and don’t forget to follow if you haven’t already!
xx

4 comments:

  1. I love this post ♥ & i thought i was an overpacker >.< hehe you get that prize Awoosh! Hehe sowwiiee still wove yew

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so typical of me to over pack! Remember Spain? I had the biggest bag there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should explain what each product does. The mattefying cream seems interesting. & where did you manage to get morrocan argan oil from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mattifying cream is just a daily moisturizer that I use after I wash and tone my face. I have combination to oily skin, so I've been trying this lately. Cant really tell you much about it since i'm still testing it. If you would like, I could do a review in the future.
    The morrocan argan oil is from a local saleswoman, but you can find it online.

    Josie Maran Argan Oil $48
    Available at JosieMaranCosmetics and Sephora stores and Sephora.com.

    Eden Allure Argan Oil $30
    Available at EdenAllure.com.

    ReplyDelete