Yesterday while I was on twitter, a girl complained of subconsciously peeling her lips until they bled. I recalled my days of being harsh on my lips, and since summer is on its way out and winter is on its way in, I thought this would be a great time to teach you a tip I learnt.
This trick will make your lips instantly softer, after which you can wear a lipstick and some gloss and you will be ready to go! Please note that I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be. This is simply something that I have tried and benefited from in the past. I have been doing this to my lips for a few years now, and I know that other people use this trick as well, such as Missglamorazzi, a YouTube beauty guru (her channel will be listed below).
YOU WILL NEED:
A cup of hot water
A lip balm
A disposable mascara wand (A hard toothbrush will work too)
1) Apply a thick layer of lip balm, properly rubbing it into your skin. I use QV Lip Balm for dry skin. This has SPF 30 as well as UVA and UVB protection. Your lip balm doesn’t have to contain a sun protection factor or ultra violet rays protection for this process, but it is preferable for everyday use. This is simply the one I use here in sunny Bahrain.
2) Dip the towel into the cup of hot water and squeeze the excess. Do be careful as the water can be very hot.
3) Place the towel on your mouth directly on your lips and hold it in place until the towel becomes cool.
4) Gently exfoliate your lips by rubbing the wand or toothbrush back and forth, or in a circular motion on each lip. I recommend you do this step in front of a mirror so you can see the areas where your lips need more attention.
5) Once all the dead skin is removed, dispose of the mascara wand, wipe the remaining balm off your lips with the damp towel, and apply a fresh coat of lip balm. I usually like to use the QV again, but today I wanted something fruity so I used The Body Shop's Mango Peach Lip Balm.
6) OPTIONAL STEP: apply a lipstick to complete this look.
Enjoy your gorgeous lips!
And please ignore the dumb look on my face in most of the photos!
You can also follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/AyshaTheGreat
Thank you for visiting cosmeticcraving and hope this helped you all! If there are any questions or requests, do not hesitate to ask! Hope to see you here again and don’t forget to follow if you haven’t already!
Please note that these products were bought by me using my own money and were not sent to me by anyone for review. I am not affiliated with this brand in any way. All opinions are genuinely mine and 100% honest.