Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nail colors of Fall/Winter 2011!


So since fall is coming up I’ve been eyeing some nail colors that I thought were absolutely gorgeous for the season. Having been inspired by the NY Fashion week for Autumn/Winter 2011, I scouted out some of the colors used on the runway and found a nail lacquer to match the trend!

            The first color I found absolutely gorgeous is jade, which signifies a big comeback for the jewel tones this season. This MAC nail lacquer in ‘Jade Dragon’ is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for the season:

A more affordable recommendation would be ‘Moody Model’ by H&M. This color is not quite like the MAC shade in the sparkliness or vibrancy of the color, but is beautiful and edgy nonetheless and I will personally have this on most days for the rest of this year:

The next color that is perfect for fall would be a deep burgundy or crimson color. I recommend New York Color’s ‘Wing it wine crème’ (color number 121A) which is a shade I have been loyal to for quite some time now. It does go on a little bit sheer on first application, but is opaque on the second coat. It is a long wearing nail polish, so once you have your top coat on don’t expect this beauty to budge for the next few days!

Another color that is an absolute must-have when it comes to jewel tones is deep purple. Now, although I haven’t really bought any deep purple nail polishes in the past, I think I will definitely be getting into this trend this season and I owe it all to this amazing (and amazingly affordable) color by Revlon! It’s called ‘Plum Night’ and I think I should seriously try to get my hands on this color or something a lot like it!


If this color looks familiar, it’s probably because it is a lot like OPI’s ‘Lincoln park after dark’.
Dark blue is one of those colors that I am no stranger to! I absolutely love blues and especially on my toes. When it’s summer I’ll rock a lighter, almost baby blue hue, but this winter it’s all about going dark! This shade—also by MAC—is absolutely gorgeous! It’s ‘biker blue’ and I think this color is to die for! It has a slight shimmer which comes across beautifully on the nails.

If ever a good time to wear black it would be this season! This is a nail color that is always found in my makeup bag during the winter season because it can make any outfit that much edgier. The one I have been using religiously is OPI’s ‘Black Onyx’:

An all time favorite fall color of mine is… WHITE! I know it goes totally against what I’ve been saying this entire post with the going darker for the colder seasons, but white is one of those colors that I think are a great statement nail color for any season. Make sure to get a glossy version though, or else your nails will look sloppy, as if you’ve painted them with corrector ink!

What are some of your favorite nail colors for the upcoming season?

No comments:

Post a Comment